After a night of troubled sleep, you wake up feeling tired, depressed and with bad breath but can't pinpoint what exactly you are ailing from. That could be a result of too much toxin buildup in your body which is why you should consider getting a colon cleanse. Air pollution, junk food, cosmetics, and contaminated water are among some of the sources of toxins that get into the human body.
The functions of the colon or large intestine include the re-absorption of fluids and processing of waste products before elimination. When this part of your body has a build up of toxins, you may end up experiencing unexplained symptoms that can compromise your ability to be productive throughout the day. Left untreated too many toxins in your system may lead to serious health complications.
Understanding a Colon Cleanse
A colon cleanse is a process that gets rid of toxins in the large intestine. Cleanses don't make use of prescription medication but instead rely on supplements, herbs, dietary plans and specific methods.
When there are toxins in the colon, they can compromise the way your digestive system works. This is why some health and wellness experts advise individuals to opt for a colon cleanse. Keep in mind that a colon cleanse does not have any authoritative medical research data to back its effectiveness.
The Benefits of a Colon Cleanse
According to the Global Healing Center, some of the main benefits of a colon cleanse are an improvement in digestion, relief from constipation, increase in energy levels, support for colon health, and weight loss.
When the colon has toxins and intestinal parasites, digestion may not be as effective as it should be. That may lead to various complications including nutritional deficiencies and a weak immune system.
Boost in energy
When nutrients are not absorbed into the body effectively, energy reserves can quickly deplete. The result is that individuals end up experiencing general body weakness even without engaging in activities.
Relief from constipation
Constipation can be a symptom of various underlying issues including a lack of fiber in the diet, an infestation of intestinal worms and toxins within the colon. An effective colon cleanse ensures that individuals can have a quality bowel movement.
Supports colon health
When you flush toxins and intestinal parasites from the colon, it regains its optimal capabilities. That not only improves the general health of the colon but can translate to overall good health and wellness.
5 Popular Colon Cleanse Methods
Individuals can opt to cleanse the entire body or choose methods targeted at specific body organs such as the kidneys, colon, liver, and skin. Below are some of the most common cleanse methods.
1. Use of products
The first method for a colon cleanse involves purchasing specific products to get the job done. These products often contain natural ingredients including probiotics, herbs, and enzymes. Manufacturers of the products provide instructions for their use and stipulate the results that users can expect.
2. Use of water
Drinking plenty of water within a specific period is another technique for flushing toxins from the colon. Individuals are advised to avoid going overboard when it comes to drinking water because it may cause discomfort and other health complications.
3. Fasting and dieting
Avoiding food and drinking only natural juices instead is another way of allowing the colon to cleanse itself. The juices end up pushing out toxins that may be building up on the walls of the colon. Fasting allows body organs including the colon, kidneys, and liver to rest from their normal activities.
4. Colon irrigation
Paying a visit to a practitioner may allow you to undergo a process referred to as colon irrigation. During this process, the practitioner uses a unique device connected to a pump to push water into the rectum. Afterward, this water flushes out toxins and parasites.
5. Regular exercise
Engaging in regular exercise allows your entire body to release tension and encourage better blood circulation. During your exercise sessions, you are likely to drink more fluids and sweat. All these effects allow the body to get rid of toxins.
How We Reviewed These Products
One of the things we considered when choosing these products is how natural their ingredients are. Adherence to United States standards of quality and safety is another issue that we looked at. Pricing and customer ratings also played a role in the products we selected.
Top 10 Colon Cleanse Products Available
Learning about the top 10 most popular colon cleanse products on the market today is crucial to making an informed decision regarding colon cleansing. Here are 10 of the most popular products in no particular order.
- Helps with occasional constipation and gentle internal cleansing*
- Helps with the elimination of toxins in the colon*
- Contains: Senna Leaf Powder – A natural stimulant that encourages peristalsis. May encourage contractions and help...
Super Colon Cleanse features nine distinct herbs, probiotics and a gram of healthy dietary fiber. The more significant component of this supplement is the senna leaf which works as a laxative. Other ingredients include psyllium husk powder, peppermint leaf, papaya leaf, 30mg acidophilus and fennel seed.
- DETOXIFYING AND CLEANSING SUPPORT*: A digestive cleansing program that was developed to support the body's own...
- SIMPLE 15-DAY PROGRAM: * By supporting liver and intestinal function, this unique combination of herbal extracts and...
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Made w/o Gluten, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian
According to the manufacturer, Now Easy Cleanse is an ideal colon cleanse for individuals that have a sensitive digestive system because it contains gentle laxatives. It features ingredients such as ashwagandha, bentonite clay powder, dandelion, chlorella and milk thistle extract.
- Full spectrum formula with prebiotics and probiotics
- Cleanses the digestive and eliminative systems
- Provides nutritional support for improved digestion, reducing the discomfort that accompanies accumulated toxins and...
Top Secret Nutrition Cleanse is fortified with probiotics and features a total body, gastrointestinal and liver blend in every capsule. Some of the components available in this product include ginger, pomegranate, apple pectin, senna leaf, milk thistle extract, and Lactobacillus acidophilus.
- WHY US: ALL NATURAL, COMPLETE 5x, SAFE WEIGHT LOSS FORMULA (GMP-CERTIFIED QUALITY & MADE IN USA) => 5-way gentle,...
- PURITY & HOW IT WORKS: Suppress Appetite and Inhibit the release of glucose. Decrease Fat Production from Carbohydrates....
- COUPON CODES:3 WAYS TO SAVE (INSTANT DISCOUNTS, BUNDLES & VIP LOYALTY SAVINGS) => 1.) Last Diet savings are already...
Eden Bible Blends features five natural herbs that include garcinia cambogia, raspberry ketones, hoodia, African mango and green coffee. According to its manufacturer, this product can speed up the rate of metabolism for better fat burning results and weight management.
- DETOX CLEANSE & REBUILD - Super Cleanse is specially formulated to promote deep internal cleansing. This proprietary...
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH SUPPORT - More than just a simple cleansing formula, Super Cleanse can help to flush toxins out of the...
- GENTLE ELIMINATION - We live in an extremely toxic world that can overwhelm the body’s detoxification system. Taking...
This supplement is available in the form of a tablet. It features 14 different herbs and fibers to help support the digestive system, get rid of toxins and relieve constipation. The dominant ingredient in this supplement is cascara sagrada which often produces laxative effects.
Futurebiotics Colon Green features a blend of fibers, probiotics, and herbs. Probiotics help in keeping a healthy balance of bacteria in the colon while fibers support better digestion and waste elimination. Users are required to take four capsules on a daily basis.
Dr. Natura Colonix is a three-step cleansing process that takes place within 30 days. It comes as a fiber powder that you can dilute in water or specific liquids before being taken it in the morning. Also available in the package are herb containing pills and tea components. Manufacturers of this product claim that it can eradicate toxins, provide relief from constipation and improve the digestive system’s health.
- The large and the small intestines together form the digestive tract, which is responsible for eliminating waste
- This may help with maintaining regularity, relieving occasional constipation, and gentle internal cleansing
- Unflavored colon cleanse is made with just one ingredient
Super Colon Cleanse features probiotics that help keep a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut while various natural herbs help soothe the intestinal lining. Fibers allow users to get better bowel movements. This product comes in a pack of 200 capsules.
- EASY & EFFECTIVE: Only 14 Days (28 capsules, 1-2 capsules per day).
- ASSISTS IN HEALTHY DIGESTION: Helps cleanse toxins and supports healthy bowel movements for an effective and purifying...
- SUPPORTS ENERGY LEVELS & WEIGHT LOSS: Frees the intestinal tract of excess waste, increases energy and alleviates...
Dr. Tobias Colon cleanse comes in a package containing 28 capsules. Individuals take one to two pills per day depending on their current condition. This product consists of natural laxatives, herbs, and fibers. Some of the components of this supplement include aloe vera, senna leaf, cascara sagrada, psyllium husk powder and flaxseed powder.
- BEST BOWEL CLEANSE: Stimulates the movement of the colon for a natural cleanse of your body’s waste.
- REGULARITY: Herbal relief for constipation, helping you have regular and complete bowel movements.
- ELIMINATE TOXINS: Removes toxins and excess waste, helping you feel healthier and less sluggish.
Dr. Schulze’s Colon Cleanse contains vegan-friendly organic ingredients for gentle cleansing. Some of the ingredients in this supplement include Oregon grape root, ginger, habanero, and garlic.
The Bottom Line
It is important for consumers to carefully take a look at the ingredients of each product and understand the effects they are likely to produce before settling on a particular product. While one product may work for an individual, it may not offer the same results for another. It is equally important to consult a qualified healthcare professional before taking supplements of any kind. If you experience any side effects while taking these supplements, report the issue to a doctor.