The 10 day cleanse system stems from the Master Cleanse, a system introduced in the 1940s and popularized by entrepreneur Peter Glickman in the 1990s. Whatever method you use, the goal of a cleanse is always to help clean your body from any waste, including toxins, allergens and other unhealthy organisms that are built up in your body.
There are a lot of ways to cleanse your body. A 10 day cleanse is a great way to test out a certain cleansing method. It takes some time to get rid of all the toxins within your body. But how long completely depends on which method you use.
What is a 10 Day Cleanse?
Now that you know where the cleanse came from and what it does, we'll get more into the specifics of the 10 day cleanse.
A 10 day cleanse means committing exactly 10 full days to cleaning all unhealthy bacteria from your body. You clean your body by following a strict ‘diet' or changing your lifestyle drastically. This change can be anything from eating only raw foods to living without technology for 10 days.
In the 10 day cleanse you can bring your body back to balance by ridding it of all traces of unhealthy foods left after you consumed them.
What are the benefits of a 10 day cleanse?
The reason why most people swear by juicing or a certain diet is because it offers a lot of benefits to doing a cleanse. Benefits include, but are not limited to, eliminating all toxins from foods and hygiene products, increasing overall energy levels, managing stress and getting rid of food addictions.
Nowadays, there are a lot of products on the market that have toxins in them. It has come so far that the EWG (The Environmental Working Group) has compiled a list of all personal hygiene and home care products that contain toxins so you can avoid them.
Are there any risks?
With every serious change in lifestyle, there are related risks you should keep in mind — especially when it comes to your health. Although it offers many health benefits when done right, it also comes with risks you should keep in mind.
Every different method comes with risks, but there are a couple of general risks. When it comes to the dangers of cleansing, the most common dangers are low calorie and low protein diets, mood swings, illnesses for people with weak immune systems and kidney problems for those who've already had kidney disease.
Your body will respond heavily to the sudden lifestyle change, sometimes so strongly that you will feel like it's unhealthy. For this reason, you should always consult a doctor before beginning any new cleanse, diet, or medicine. A 10 day cleanse is certainly not for everyone. It takes a lot of discipline to start it. But the longer you're doing it, the easier it becomes. You have to give your body the time to adapt.
Also, when you're at the end of your 10 day cleanse, you will need to build up your food intake slowly; otherwise, you'll do more damage than good.
How we Reviewed 10 Day Cleanse Programs
Below, you will find nine different cleanse programs that we've chosen. The reason why we chose these cleanses above others is that the programs are the most popular among the community. Thousands have tried each of these and have felt better because of it.
Types of 10 Day Cleanses
These are the most popular 10 day cleanse programs in 2018. Every single 10 day cleanse program we have mentioned is a serious undertaking. For some, this can be a downside. It takes a lot of determination and discipline. Once you're beyond this point, you'll reap the fantastic benefits of cleansing.
- Lose 10–15 pounds in 10 days
- Get rid of stubborn body fat, including belly fat
- Drop pounds and inches fast, without grueling workouts
- Learn to live a healthier lifestyle of detoxing and healthy eating
- Naturally crave healthy foods so you never have to diet again
- Receive over 100 recipes for various health conditions and goals
The green smoothie cleanse program was invented by J.J. Smith, a nutritionist and a certified weight-loss expert. She wrote the book 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse to make this 10 day cleanse program accessible for everyone. It became a New York Times bestseller.
The book contains everything you need to try the 10 day Green Smoothie Cleanse, and it only costs $8 – $25. Although the content from the book is not published anywhere else, J.J. Smith shared four recipes from her book with NBC Washington. Most who have tried this cleanse have had a positive experience.
Buying the groceries for the 10 day cleanse program was very cheap as you will not consume a lot, Asia Milia only spent a total of $68 for the complete 10 day cleanse program! This is mainly because the base of every smoothie consists of spinach, kale and other leafy greens.
While it is a green smoothie cleanse program, J.J. Smith allows for some flexibility for when you're starving to eat these snacks. It's essential to leave some flexibility to motivate people to continue. But you still have to set clear boundaries to achieve the goals with this program.
Last but not least, you'll need a reliable mixer that can help you create your green smoothies. That's where the Nutribullet comes in, for only $50 – $70 you have a fantastic mixer that will preserve the essential nutrients you need while also blending it into a lovely smoothie.
- The key to losing weight and keeping it off is maintaining low insulin levels. Based on Dr. Hyman's groundbreaking Blood Sugar Solution program, THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION 10-DAY DETOX DIET presents strategies for reducing insulin levels and producing fast and sustained weight loss. Dr. Hyman explains how to: activate your natural ability to burn fat--especially belly fat; reduce inflammation; reprogram your metabolism; shut off your fat-storing genes; de-bug your digestive system; create effortless appetite control; and soothe the stress to shed the pounds. With practical tools designed to achieve optimum wellness, including meal plans, recipes, and shopping lists, as well as step-by-step, easy-to-follow advice on green living, supplements, medication, exercise, and more, THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION 10-DAY DETOX DIET is the fastest way to lose weight, prevent disease, and feel your best.
The 10-day Detox Diet Cleanse is a 10 day cleanse program created by Dr. Mark Hyman. He wrote the book “The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body's Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast,” which became a New York Times bestseller.
There are different ways to go about this 10 day cleanse program. You can buy the book for $9 – $20 on Amazon, buy the course on Dr. Hyman's website for $135 or $275, or you simply gather all your information from the Dr. Oz show for free and do it on your own.
Unlike the green smoothie cleanse, the Detox Diet contains a lot more food options. More food options automatically means that it'll cost more than the green smoothie cleanse. If you choose to go with the premium version of the course, you will also need additional supplements. Besides food, the detox diet also contains lifestyle changes like focusing on quality sleep, breathing exercises, journaling and even taking a detox bath.
The goal of this program is to reset your metabolism, stop all cravings and lose weight. Who doesn't want that, right? The only hard part is choosing how you'll go about it.
The Clean Eating cleanse is not a specific diet. It's as simple as the name says. This means excluding all processed and sugary foods from your diet while replacing them with organic and healthy meals.
One of the pros of this 10 day cleanse is that it's pretty flexible because you can choose to eat all your meals clean or build it up by eating one “clean” meal per day up to six “clean” meals per day. Every clean meal helps you further in your progress to achieve your goals for reducing inflammation, eliminating (or reducing) toxins from the body, and improve your gut health.
There are a lot of interesting resources to check out regarding “clean eating” guidelines. You can find great meal plans on Greatist, and MyFitnessPal even dedicated a whole page to the 10 day clean eating challenge.
The downside of this 10 day cleanse program is that it may be too flexible for people who need an extra push to achieve the goals they want and keep themselves to a specific diet.
- "What I love about this book is that it brings healthy ingredients to the forefront, without being snobby. The section on keto-friendly alternatives is particularly useful, and every recipe is just 6 carbs! That's some no-brainer type of keto stuff I can get behind."-Amanda C. Hughes, Keto Cook at WickedStuffed.com, author of Keto Life and The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Eating healthier, losing weight, and trimming your waistline_no matter what your reasons for following the ketogenic diet are, starting is never as simple as it sounds. Equipping you with easy-to-follow meal plans, shopping lists, and need-to-know info about the keto lifestyle, The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners is your all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. Key into keto and learn how good it can feel to lose weight and lead a healthy lifestyle with The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners cookbook. The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners cookbook contains: 75 Easy to Follow Recipes using five main ingredients or less for every meal 14-Day Meal Plan jump-starting your ketogenic diet with shopping lists and balanced meals A Complete Overview explaining the fundamentals of the ketogenic diet and advice for living the keto-lifestyle Handy Charts illustrating calories and nutritional information Recipes in The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners include: Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie, Bacon-Artichoke Omelet, Chicken-Avocado Lettuce Wraps, Rosemary-Garlic Lamb Racks, Pesto Zucchini Noodles, Nutty Shortbread Cookies, and much more! Endorsed by the Mayo Clinic and others in the medical community, the ketogenic diet has been proven as a healthy, effective way of achieving weight loss, as it consists of low-carb, high fat foods that prompt the body to burn fat for energy instead of glucose.
The ketogenic diet is somewhere in the same category as the paleo diet, the 10 day keto diet cleanse focuses on implementing the keto diet for only 10 days. It's a great way to see if you are someone who's an excellent fit for the ketogenic diet.
There are four variations of the keto diet, but they all focus on high fat and low carb diets. The high-protein variant of the keto diet allows for more protein than most of the 10 day cleanse programs.
People swear by the keto diet because it focuses on two main benefits: losing weight and preventing (or helping) diabetes. And this without counting calories! The risks with the keto diet are consuming too much protein (which can result in weight gain) and consuming not enough veggies.
The Amazon bestseller “The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle” (available on Kindle for only $3 – $4) is your best friend to getting started with the ketogenic diet 10 day cleanse program.
10 day Water Fasting cleanse
This is probably the most straightforward 10 day cleanse program in this article. All you need is high-quality water (and essential vitamins). It doesn't get any simpler than that, but it's risky if not done right. Follow the full guide to make sure you don't miss any crucial details. There are serious health risks when you don't fast the right way.
There are some important things you should keep in mind. You need to prepare by eating less and less. Also, you will drink more water than you're used to. But be sure not to push yourself too much. A downside of a water fast is that you will feel very weak. Your usual source of fuel is food, and you can't eat any food for 10 days straight.
Hydration is the most critical factor in doing a water fast the right way. That's why some electrolytes and hydration tablets can help you a lot. However, these supplements do contain calories (up to 10 per serving).
The choice is yours, and if you do choose to make use of these hydration supplements, you can consider the Nuun Hydration Tablets ($12 – $28 on Amazon) and/or Electrolyte Super Hydration ($7 – $21 on Amazon) tablets. The tablets also add a nice taste to the boring water.
- Juicing Recipes Book: 150 Healthy Juicer Recipes to Unleash the Nutritional Power of Your Juicing Machine: Get the Most out of Your Juicer with Over 150 Delicious Juicer Recipes Boost your health using the power of your juicer machine with The Juicer Recipes Book. The Juicer Recipes Book will help you start juicing without feeling overwhelmed, giving you the best juicer recipes to get the maximum benefit of your juicer., 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!: The 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse will jump-start your weight loss, increase your energy level, clear your mind and improve your overall health. Made up of supernutrients from leafy greens and fruits, green smoothies are filling and healthy and you will enjoy drinking them., The Green Smoothie Recipe Book: Over 100 Healthy Green Smoothie Recipes to Look and Feel Amazing: Looking for a fast and easy way to boost your health? Go green! Green smoothies are flavorful drinks packed with disease-fighting vitamins and antioxidants. With The Green Smoothie Recipe Book you'll be able to improve the way you look and feel by replacing unhealthy high-calorie foods with nutrient-packed green smoothies., The Smoothie Recipe Book: 150 Smoothie Recipes Including Smoothies for Weight Loss and Smoothies for Good Health: The Smoothie Recipe Book gives you 150 delicious smoothie recipes to help you cleanse your body and lose weight! Smoothies are naturally packed with superfoods and antioxidants from fresh fruits and vegetables, making them the easiest and tastiest way to improve your health, and get glowing skin and hair!
The juicing cleanse is similar to the green smoothie cleanse except for the fact that juices (not smoothies) don't have to be green (I'm not even kidding). There are certain rules you got to keep up with like avoiding fruit juices as much as possible and consume as much freshly juiced juices as possible.
The primary goal of a 10-day juice cleanse are rebooting your digestive system by flushing old matter. The downside is that you won't be consuming any “real” food during this 10 day cleanse program. But at the same time, you will still consume all the essential nutrients.
Last but not least, before you even start your juice fast you will have to choose between buying your juices fresh from a company like Project Juice or making your own juices by purchasing a high-quality juicer for $19 – $42 on Amazon.
- 30 anti inflammatory Friendly smoothie Recipes
- 5 powerful scientific methods to lose stubborn fat
- An entire book on how to overcome cravings
- The Truth On How To Eliminate Cravings For A
- Thinner Waistline
Like the keto diet cleanse, the vegan cleanse is also a change in food intake. As you may already know, veganism means not consuming any product from animals, simple as that. No meat, no milk, and no eggs. Most vegans choose to become vegan because they don't want to contribute to the killing and detaining of animals.
Benefits of the vegan cleanse include helping you to lose weight and protection against some types of cancer and heart disease. The risks related to doing this 10 day cleanse program are eating processed foods (being vegan doesn't always equal being healthy), eating too much soy, lack of vitamin B6, D and lack of omega-3s.
Make sure you supplement with those vitamins when you're doing this cleanse. Avoid processed food by eating whole and organic foods and avoid soy as much as you can. Helpful resources are The Vegan Society and Nutriciously. There you'll find more information on what it means to be a vegan, and you can apply this for the 10 day cleanse.
- You’ll notice a dramatic difference with your skin
- Your dry skin will be a thing of the past!
- You’ll have more energy
- You’ll will detox and cleanse the liver and blood stream
- Reduce inflammation
- You’ll have soft silky skin
- It will take years off your face
The 10 day skin cleanse program is a bit different than most of the 10 day cleanse programs on this list. Most of the 10 day cleanse programs focus on general health benefits. The 10 day skin cleanse program focuses solely on improving the quality of your skin.
If you aren't happy with your skin, this program is something you need to try. While the goal is to improve the quality of your skin, you will also reap other health benefits like reducing inflammation and consuming more essential vitamins.
There are diet changes that have to be made to participate in this 10 day cleanse program. These include cutting out all refined sugar, adding leafy greens to every meal and more.
Useful tools to treat your body nicely are sea salt, baking soda, coconut oil, and detox tea. The best choices are organic and eco-friendly like the Molivera Organics Fractionated Coconut Oil ($8 – $40) which can improve the quality of your skin and hair.
What would be a 10 day cleanse programs list without the digital cleanse, right? 10 years ago, no one probably guessed we needed to come up with a 10 day cleanse program.
It has become such a big problem that there is even a digital productivity coach who came up with a Mobile Phone Cleanse. There are two main health risks from “being too digital.” The screens can increase the risk of eye damage, and your brain will go into “overwork” mode when you use your phone too much. The benefits of doing a serious digital cleanse include better sleep and increased productivity.
The Most Effective 10 Day Cleanse Method
10 day cleanse programs are very effective and easy compared to 30-day programs. But that doesn't mean it's all nice and sweet. In fact, they aren't sweet at all because most of them eliminate sugar. But the 10 day cleanse programs most suited for people who will start their first cleanse include all the temporary diet changes like the vegan and keto cleanses.
The more challenging 10 day cleanse programs for people who want to push their bodies are the water fasting, juicing and green smoothie cleanses. Whatever you go with, make sure you gather enough information before you start your own 10 day cleanse.
None of the above is intended to be construed as medical advice. Be sure to consult a physician before beginning any cleansing program.